“Do I have something to say that is worth your time?”
That’s probably the question every writer and podcaster ask themselves at the beginning of each project; I know it is for me. In this inaugural episode of the Becoming A Light To The Nations show, I tackle that question by giving you information about myself, my vision, and my patron saint to make the decision if you are going to listen to episode 2.
|Another way of stating the truth in Romans 12:2 is that Christians should NEVER try to fit in with the world. We are called to follow a MUCH higher standard.|
Feature Segment 1 – Who Is Gil Michelini
This is My Journey Home To Catholicism.
Vatican 2 Facts
- January 1959 — Saint Pope John XXIII announces Vatican II
- October 1962 — Vatican II opens
- June 1963 — Saint Pope John XXIII dies, Blessed Pope Paul VI elected
- December 1965 — Vatican II closes
Feature Segment 2 – What Is The Vision of Becoming A Light To The Nations
- The mission statement of this apostolate is to help lay Catholic adults to learn why and how to live lives worthy of their calling using the wisdom of Vatican II.
- This is an educational and inspirational podcast.
- “Vatican Council II: The Conciliar and Postconciliar Documents” translated by Austin Flannery OP
- The Dogmatic Constitution on the Church is the official name and Lumen Gentium is the incipit — or some people call it its Latin name.
- The “damage” done to the Church by Vatican II is not what came from the Council as I had heard, but the real damage was how little of the Council’s teachings have gotten to the laity.
- My purpose — as it has been since 1990 — is to help lay Catholic adults renew their commitment to Christ.
- Introduction to the New Evangelization at the USCCB website.
- These are the four guiding principles of the Becoming a Light to the Nations apostolate:
- Always be faithful to the authority of the Magisterium of the Church
- Promote practical study of the Vatican II documents among the laity
- Encourage discernment of God’s will using the method given to Saint Ignatius of Loyola
- Respond to the Great Commission as New Evangelists
May you be open to receiving the blessings that the Father has for you.
May you be open to conforming yourself to the image of Christ, the light of nations.
May you be open to the boldness of the Holy Spirit guiding you to live a life worthy of your calling.
May you be seeking God’s will for your life and doing what brings Him greater glory.
And I for these blessing on you in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Thanks be to God!
Saint George Preca, pray for us!